Keratin Hair Extensions
Our Keratin hair extensions are the best quality Remy hair. They utilise U-tip bonds lined with silicone and are attached to your hair using a heating element. Your hair is placed between the U-tip and sealed with a hot extension tool that melts the bond to your hair. The silicone lining of the U-tip creates a barrier to protect your natural hair.
Keratin hair extensions are less visible than tape ins or clip ins and can be used on fine to thick hair. Keratin extensions are also less bulky and move a lot more freely when compared to tape in or clip ins. Our Keratin hair extensions are top quality Remy hair and can last up to 3 months when cared for correctly.
How long does it take to apply? Depending on hair thickness it will take from 2 – 4 hours
Does this price include a colour? No, we will try to match your colour or the extensions as close as possible but in some cases we will have to colour the extensions or your hair.
Does this price include a cut? Yes
Can they damage my hair? No, there is no to certainly very little damage.
What is Remy hair? Remy hair is collected in such a way to ensure all strands remain aligned in the same direction to which it has grown. This eliminates tangling problems more commonly found in non-Remy hair. Because of this method of collection, this type of hair is in short supply and is priced accordingly.
Hair Extensions Maintenance and Care
- Do not use low quality shampoo and conditioner that contains any protein or sulphate as well as has high alcohol content
- Concentrate shampoo on own scalp rather than on extensions
- Concentrate conditioner on the hair extensions – midlengths to ends
- Using an intense moisture hydrating mask regularly is a necessary part of maintaining keratin hair extensions
- Apply oil to midlengths as well as ends daily
- Brush hair daily with a boar bristle or no tangle extension brush
- Apply heat protectant spray (containing no protein and low alcohol content) prior to using heat styling tools
- Keratin hair extensions require maintenance every 6-12 weeks depending on which type to keep the natural hair safe, damage free as well as manageable
- It is normal to lose extensions in between maintenance, these can certainly be re-applied at an extra cost depending on which extensions you have
- Dry hair gently with a hairdryer on low-medium heat
- Always tie hair up when sleeping, a loose plait is best
- Do not bleach Keratin hair extensions, use only a semi-permanent colour to go darker or tone to a similar shade
- Do not sleep with wet hair
- When swimming, wear hair in loose plait, never a bun or top knot
- Rinse hair straight after swimming in chlorine or salt water
- Avoid washing hair for 48-72 hours following Keratin hair extension application
- After extension application wear the extensions in a low pony tail and low hairstyles only for the following week