Weft Hair Extensions
Vixen and Luxe Smooth Weft Hair Extensions
Our Vixen and Luxe smooth weft hair extensions technique is an updated and technically advanced version of Micro-weaving. The Smooth Weft has a much flatter finish to the scalp than Micro-weaving due to the flat construction. This makes it undetectable and exceptionally comfortable as well as suitable for all types of hair.
Our Smooth Weft technique is made with a strong resin which is certainly substantially stronger than traditional sewn wefts on the market. The smooth weft hair extension we use is proven to be stronger, has a lot less shedding and there is no ‘beard’, which is the line of shorter hair at the top of a sewn weft which often causes itchiness. Vixen and Luxe smooth weft hair extensions can be applied in 45 minutes without the use of tape, glue, braiding or heat and we are proud to say they are 100% damage free.
All extension packages include specific shampoo, conditioner, heat protector spray, treatment milk and a free follow up appointment after two weeks.
What is the advantage of this method? Our Vixen and Luxe smooth weft hair extensions fall clean which means there is no ‘beard’ (this is the shorter row at the top of traditional sewn wefts) which allows the wefts to sit so flat to the head that they are undetectable to the touch and do not itch or matt up which can often happen with sewn wefts that have a ‘beard’.
How long does it take to apply?
30-45 minute application time for 4 rows (15 minutes for a 2 rows)
How long does the hair last?
Our hair lasts 7 – 12 months, often longer (12 months +) with the right care at home and using the Vixen and Luxe specific haircare range
How long do they take to remove? 2-3 minutes to remove so are flexible if you feel like a break from them or you are going away on holiday
Does this price include a colour? No, we will try to match your colour or the extensions as close as possible but in some cases we will have to colour the extensions or your hair. They work in well with 6 weekly colour services; remove them, colour & cut the natural hair, then reapply (30 – 45 minutes)
Does this price include a cut? Yes
Hair Extensions Maintenance and Care
- Do not use low quality shampoo and conditioner that contains any protein or sulphate, or has high alcohol content
- Concentrate shampoo on own scalp rather than on extensions
- Concentrate conditioner on extensions – midlengths to ends
- Using an intense moisture hydrating mask regularly is a necessary part of maintaining extensions
- Apply oil to midlengths and ends daily
- Brush hair daily with a boar bristle or no tangle extension brush
- Apply heat protectant spray (containing no protein and low alcohol content) prior to using heat styling tools
- Extensions require maintenance every 6-12 weeks depending on which type to keep the natural hair safe, damage free and manageable
- It is normal to lose extensions in between maintenance, these can be re-applied at an extra cost depending on which extensions you have
- Dry hair gently with a hairdryer on low-medium heat
- Always tie hair up when sleeping, a loose plait is best
- Do not bleach hair extensions, use only a semi-permanent colour to go darker or tone to a similar shade
- Do not sleep with wet hair
- When swimming, wear hair in loose plait, never a bun or top knot
- Rinse hair straight after swimming in chlorine or salt water
- Avoid washing hair for 48-72 hours following hair extension application
- After extension application wear the extensions in a low pony tail and low hairstyles only for the following week